POSITION TITLE: Data Steward
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Contract – until March 31/22 with possible extension until March 31/23
SALARY: $ 81,537.27 per annum
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
POSTING DATE: September 30, 2021
CLOSING DATE: October 28, 2021 @12:00pm
The Association of Native Child and Family Services Agencies of Ontario (ANCFSAO) is committed to staffing a workplace that is representative of the Indigenous population we serve. We encourage First Nations, Metis, and Inuit applicants to apply and please self-identify in their cover letter.
In the simplest terms, we are looking for a person to address operational data quality issues within ANCFSAO member agencies. This person will need to take those findings and recommend corrections to the agency data quality circle, and on approval, to make those changes in the front-end systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS:
▪ Experience in Indigenous Child Well-Being Services and/or child welfare systems, processes and data
▪ Knowledge of or willingness to learn agency front-end data systems
▪ Strong ability to analyze data to identify issues that need to be addressed
▪ Recent experience defining operational terminology and defining the meaning of a system’s data elements
▪ Understand the role and importance of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and of OCAP
▪ Defines the data domain profile including the data definition (what it means), data scope (where it’s applied), boundaries (what defines acceptable data values) and data stores (where the data can be found and how it is processed)
▪ Identification and definition of domain business terms
▪ Formal process for identification and definition approval.
▪ Identification of critical data elements
▪ Manage and implement data corrections (in conjunction with the data analyst or similar role) to increase the agency’s data quality
▪ Write structured reports around variances in data quality rules for data elements (in conjunction with the data analyst or similar role)
▪ Definition and documentation of data elements’ metadata including definition, lineage, and transformations
▪ Identification and approval of critical business terms and data elements
▪ Identification, tracking and management of data issues
▪ Coordination with enterprise data issue management process.
▪ Extensive experience in Indigenous Child Well-Being Services and/or child welfare, with sound knowledge of the role of supporting systems, processes, and data in child welfare operations.
▪ College diploma\University degree or 3 years equivalent work experience in data.
▪ Very Good written and oral communication skills, and strong documentation skills.
▪ Very Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
▪ Exceptional customer-centric orientation and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
▪ Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
▪ Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
▪ Highly self-motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail.
▪ Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
▪ Demonstrated understanding, and commitment to, integrating ANCFSAO Agencies mission and values into practice, service, and relationships.
▪ Demonstrated understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation.
▪ Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, to maintain effective communication and working relationships, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, tact, sensitivity and build strong internal relationships.
WORK SITE LOCATION:
This position will be in Toronto, Ontario, with the opportunity to work virtually as well. Travel within Ontario may be required.
Please email the following items with the subject line, “Data Steward”, by October 28, 2021, at 12:00pm to HRgeneral@ancfsao.ca :
I. A Cover letter outlining why you are the most qualified candidate for this role, including your experience working directly with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, Communities and Organizations.
II. Resume (include 3 work related references).
Incomplete Applications will not be considered. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our Agency is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free environment for all our candidates and employees. Should you at any time have an accessibility need or have any questions regarding the recruitment process and a full job description, please contact HRgeneral@ancfsao.ca.
More search results
Director, Student Engagement and Learning Services
Director, Enrolment Services & Registrar
School Social Worker - Community Care Team (Indig…
York Region District School Board
Career with York Region District School Board (va…
York Region District School Board
Chief Operating Officer
Leaders International Executive Search