- Toronto - Remote
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation, Healthcare Services and Wellness, Technology and Digital Media
- Job Type
POSITION TITLE: Director of Data and Information
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Permanent Full-Time
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Data and Information is to ensure that the organization’s membership data and its supporting platforms are fit-for-purpose.
The role not only leads data governance and data compliance activities as required, it also extends to helping the organization to drive its desired outcomes. In essence, the main functions relate to overseeing data management, data analytics, and data governance, ensuring data quality, and leading the organization’s data and information strategy. The best fit candidate for this role includes the ability to motivate and influence decisions to justify a direction that is in the best interests of the organization.
The role also supports Data Operations, a concept that takes a process-oriented, automated, and collaborative approach to designing, implementing, and managing data workflows in complex data architectures.
•Implement data privacy and protection requirements, and keep up to date with respect toevolving data protection and privacy regulations
•Define and manage the technologies and processes that efficiently extract insights fromdata – business intelligence and analytics
•Define and manage the collection, management, storage and disposal of data across theorganization
•Engage with ANCFSAO and member agencies to determine their needs Understand theANCFSAO strategy and align the ANCFSAO data strategy with these objectives
•Define and manage a consistent approach to the risk management of data-driveninitiatives
•Develop a data strategy for ANCFSAO
•Consolidate investments in data
•Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports
•Assist in preparing budget adjustments as required for funding requirements or for changesin services/operations
•Interact with other directors, managers, and supervisors to provide support to planninginitiatives through management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
•Lead, motivate and develop the ANCFSAO data team
•Establish and ensure records systems are maintained in tracking training sessions andparticipants
•Drive a positive data culture
•Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans,
projects, programs, and systems
• Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to operate the organization
• Ensure that data governance is effectively deployed
• Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
• Assess ANCFSAO’s and member agencies organizational performance against both the annual indicators and long-term strategy
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical sector information to the ED and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
• Engage the Board's finance committee around issues, trends, and changes in the service model(s) and delivery
• Assist in establishing yearly objectives, selecting, and engaging outside consultants as required
• Advise on data systems that are used by the sector to conduct research and strategic policy direction
• Serve on planning and policymaking committees with staff, membership agencies, stakeholders and government
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
• Strategic planning, implementation, and operational formulation of an Information Management department
• Develop and implement key information management strategies that will contribute to the security and confidentiality of our Well Being Member agency’s information.
• Set standards and outcome for training programs
• Provide strategic advice to committees, directors, and managers at all levels regarding information, security, and confidentiality
• Ensures the effective implementation of other duties as determined by the Executive Director
• 10+ years experience in a senior-level data management role
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with a Master’s preferred
• Extensive knowledge of data technologies and tools
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Professionalism and ethical behavior
• Project management skills
• Analytically minded
• Proficiency in data classification for security, usage, protection, and organizational communication
• Design, development, and validation of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and applied analytics
• Driving data change and providing consultation for senior leadership and executives
• Managing internal controls and security audits, including NIST and ISO 27001
• Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools
• Implementing business intelligence and data analytics systems
• Data governance and data governance process management
• Building and leading data science organization or practices
• Deploying contemporary data management frameworks
• Data quality analytics monitoring and evaluation
• Commissioning complex data pipelines
• Knowledge of privacy regulations • Data roadmap program oversight
• Data Operations implementation
Please email with a Subject Line title Director od Data and Information, and the following items to HR General at HRGeneral@ancfsao.ca
o A Cover letter outlining why you are the most qualified candidate for this role including your experience working directly with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples, Communities and Organizations.
o Resume (include 3 work related references).
• Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
• Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our Agency is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free environment for all our candidates and employees. Should you at any time have an accessibility need or have any questions regarding the recruitment process and a full job description, please contact HR General.