IT Source has a culture that invests in its people. We encourage creativity, growth and learning.
IT Source is a professional services organization within the Treasury Board Secretariat that offers the Ontario Public Service (OPS) I&IT Community a centralized and effective approach to resource acquisition. IT Source also provides enterprise-wide project and portfolio management solutions and services, and Cloud solutions and services. As you move from project to project, your assignments through IT Source will vary in length and will be located in a variety of client site locations throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Develop privacy impact assessments for technical and business applications.
• Analyze privacy implications, and security concepts of new information technologies and information systems.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of privacy impact assessment methodology, tools and techniques.
• You demonstrate knowledge of threat and risk analysis principles, program analysis, and business analysis.
• You have an understanding of policy development to lead, or participate in, the development of options and strategies on information management and privacy protection.
• You have knowledge of information technology concepts and processes that impact the protection of personal information (i.e. information management, knowledge management, intellectual property/copyright, information technology and electronic service delivery channels).
• You have knowledge of broad political, legal, fiscal, social and governance dimensions to ensure that privacy principles, directives, notices and directions are considered in the development of new programs/initiatives.
Analytical and Conceptual Skills:
• You demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues, identify options and make recommendations.
• You are able to analyze policy proposals to assess / identify I&IT business implications, and develop strategic policy planning options and impact analyses for clients.
• Your conceptual skills enable you to understand proposed initiatives and apply innovative ideas.
Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills:
• You can prepare comprehensive reports, options analyses, briefing materials and presentations, and propose responses on privacy issues.
• You have consultation and negotiation skills to gain support for policy and program initiatives.
• You are able to develop effective relationships with senior management and stakeholders.
• You have the ability to acquire and apply relevant legislation, regulations and directives to ensure proposed initiatives conform to legislation.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,877 - $110,338 Per Year
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 22, 2021, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 169740 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Associate Dean, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and …
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University
Vice-President (Finance and Administration)
St. Thomas University
Digital Communications Manager
Queen's University - 314263
Director, Social Assistance I&IT Solutions Branch
Government of Ontario
Pest Control/Heat Treatment Operator