The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
Daniels is currently seeking a Development Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Directors of Development, the successful Development Coordinator will be part of the team that obtains all development and construction entitlements for the developments that we build.
• Assisting with land investigations for acquisition, including the review of Due Diligence materials;
• Preparing and obtaining municipal approvals (Official Plan Amendments, Zoning Amendments, Site Plan Approval; Minor Variances, Consents, Draft of Subdivision/Condominium etc.) for new developments;
• Preparing and obtaining building permits;
• Preparing and obtaining construction related municipal agreements/permits (i.e., right of way management permits, construction management plans etc.);
• Participate in community consultation/liason;
• Tracking and obtaining reduction/release of financial securities (Letters of Credit);
• Assisting with the preparation of Development Cash Flows;
• Assisting with the coordination of sale documents, including condominium declarations, Agreements of Purchase & Sale; Reciprocal Operating Agreement etc.
• Assist with the preparation of development schedules
• Coordination with both the consultant team(s); government stakeholders, and various divisions within Daniels (i.e., construction, sales & marketing, project implementation and finance);
• Assist in the preparation of project proformas; and,
• Assist in the preparation of Management Reports.
• Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Urban Planning; Real Estate or Engineering;
• 1-3 years of experience in development or consulting;
• Knowledge of the development approvals process in the Greater Toronto Area;
• Highly motivated individual, who thrives working both independently and, with teams;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office;
• Proficient in the preparation of presentations/decks;
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to visit sites and municipalities around the GTA.
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2021.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.