The Daniels Corporation is a privately-owned real estate developer with a passion for creating vibrant communities. We’re a full service, vertically integrated developer-builder that has developed over 35,000 homes, spanning condominiums, purpose-built rentals, and seniors housing, as well as a variety of commercial and cultural assets. Within each project we look beyond the bricks and mortar, integrating social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. Our commitment to a greener future drives our innovation in sustainable and energy efficient design, and we continue to pioneer affordable housing solutions across the entire housing spectrum. This holistic approach to real estate development has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 35 years, enabling us to create landmark mixed-use, mixed-income master-planned communities and earn our standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
We are actively searching for an Analyst to join the team in Toronto on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Manager, Investments, the role will support the analysis and underwriting of new and existing development projects in the Daniels portfolio. This dynamic, multi-faceted role provides an opportunity to gain hands-on development experience in a supportive and entrepreneurial environment. If you’re looking to turbocharge your career in a role that exists at the intersection of real estate development and finance, while making a huge impact on your community, we would strongly encourage you to apply.
• Support the Investments team in sourcing and underwriting new acquisitions and joint venture partnerships across the GTA.
• Create and maintain pro forma models for new development projects across multiple sectors, including condominium, rental, retail, seniors housing, student residences and office
• Prove out the business case for innovative affordable housing models and sustainability features
• Collect and analyze project data, including development budgets, construction cash flow requirements, and operating income and expense projections
• Participate in internal project management meetings through the entire development life cycle (design, permits, sales, construction, and closings)
• Assist with a variety of miscellaneous projects, including preparation of reports, RFP responses, benchmarking, coordination, and other related assignments as required
• Pursuing or completed degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Economics, or a related field
• 1-3 years of experience in the real estate or related industry
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel; technical competency required to develop dynamic models to underwrite development projects
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional project and time management abilities, with demonstrated experience undertaking concurrent tasks and managing multiple projects
• An entrepreneurial and self-starting work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders is fundamental for success in the role
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a cover letter and current resume to Denise Plamenco, Generalist, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2021.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted