Building Manager Supervisor - Resident
BUILDING MANAGER SUPERVISOR - RESIDENT
Job ID: 4040
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
BUILDING MANAGER SUPERVISOR - RESIDENT
Functions as a member of the Regional Property Management team to provide effective tenant relations and building management services to a number of directly managed sites.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will be a Grade 12 graduate, preferably with post-secondary education in th esocial services related field and one year's experience as a Building Manager Supervisor or equivalent. You also possess good organizational and problem solving skills and have intermediate MS office skills.
- This position may require travel between sites; a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record and access to transportation will be required.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Provides tenant relations and building management services:
- Participates in formulating and implementing initiatives to enhance site specific program delivery;
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training of building management and janitorial staff;
- Provides on-site facilitation in the delivery of building portfolio-contracted services;
- nitiates and inspects work and redirects contractors where minor deficiencies in the performance of work specifications are noted (e.g. painting services, millwork, flooring, pesticides applications completed, carpet cleaning, waste removal, etc.), reports on deviations in performance on existing contracts;
- Directs assigned staff in the completion of duties, including the planning, organizing and scheduling of work;
- Ensures work standards and deadlines are met;
- Completes performance evaluations of staff and recommends disciplinary action;
- Performs various inspections on a regular basis (e.g. boiler rooms, fire alarm logs, security systems, etc.), and unit inspections on a scheduled basis, or on vacancy and arranges for repairs and/or maintenance;
- Maintains records related to work orders, issues management, exception reporting, chargebacks, inventory and assists in the estimating and ordering of materials;
- Communicates with contractors to coordinate site viewings and unit entry;
- Calls the police or related public service in the event of emergency or disturbances such as notifying police of incidents or problems;
- Responds to resident inquiries, complaints, emergencies, provides information/clarification as required and takes appropriate action at all times during the work week;
- Serves notices, which may include but not limited to Notice to End Tenancy (NET), rent arrears, chargebacks arrears; Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) notices, etc.;
- Required to exercise interpersonal and conflict resolution skills when dealing with the resident population.
2. Performs all the duties of a Building Manager Resident or Non-Resident, as required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
For postings requiring travel add last line: Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers