Building Support Manager
BUSINESS SUPPORT MANAGER
Job ID: 4048
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
BUSINESS SUPPORT MANAGER:
The Business Support Manager is responsible for establishing a close working relationship with the Managers and wider team in assigned business area(s) and providing expert advice and support in managing and improving business area processes and systems. He/she/they determines business requirements, conducts feasibility and impact analyses of information management services and technology, and ensures processes, services and technology solutions are developed and delivered to meet business and service delivery requirements. The incumbent provides research, analysis, data stewardship, reporting, and project management expertise in accomplishing objectives. The role is part of a team of Business Support Managers that support BC Housing’s core systems as well as other smaller systems and databases.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in accounting, economics, computing science, business administration, social science, or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable experience in business analysis (requirements and solutions design), process modelling, business reporting design and development. Considerable experience in reporting systems design, development, testing, implementation and data management (analysis and modelling). Considerable project management experience as a project manager of a defined project following the standard Project Life Cycle, and experience in process mapping and process re-engineering projects (including data and reporting analysis).
- Sound experience training adult learners in a workplace environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the application of business systems and databases in an organization
- Ability to learn and develop considerable knowledge and expertise of critical corporate business system applications and databases
- Ability to learn and understand in-depth the Commission’s structure and business operations
- Ability to plan and manage small to medium size projects or portions of larger projects, provide direction to project team members, develop and implement system solutions, and work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to manage and provide guidance on the provision of technical services for end users
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to identify and promote opportunities to improve existing systems and procedures
- Ability to understand technical terms and explain it in everyday jargon
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong planning, organization, time management and project leadership/management skills
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
For postings requiring travel add last line: Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers