Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Job ID: 4028
REGULAR / FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance, the Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations is responsible for the Commission’s budgeting and financial reporting functions. He/she/they will leverage expertise and finance knowledge in the development of strategic reporting to the Commission’s Executive Committee, Board of Commissioners, and Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). The position will be responsible for developing strong working relationships with external partners including the Ministry of the Attorney General and Housing’s Financial Services Division and Office of Housing and Construction Standards, as well as Treasury Board staff within the Ministry of Finance. The position will be responsible for leading the financial analysis and business case development for the provincial annual budget process, Treasury Board submissions and Cabinet submissions. The position will liaise extensively with the Commission’s core business areas to oversee the preparation of information on housing programs and project initiative plans, provincial reporting and overall compliance with government processes and funding parameters. The position will support the Executive Director, Finance in providing financial expertise to internal and external partners which includes advising on and facilitating compliance with government funding criteria and all related deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in commerce, business administration, finance, or public administration
- Considerable senior level experience working in, or with, government.
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation; and extensive experience in progressively responsible finance and accounting roles
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis models and frameworks, reporting systems, processes and controls, specifically within government and not-for-profit environments
- Considerable knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, WebFOCUS, and the Central Property System (CPS) preferred
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s programs and operating requirements, relevant legislation, and the role of central agencies
- Ability to provide leadership in conducting research, preparing financial analyses, and analysing complex financial matters
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport and effective working relationships with all levels of management, government and housing partners, and other stakeholders to build consensus and accomplish goals
- Ability to assess the business and financial ramifications of new programs and opportunities and develop strategies and options to facilitate the accomplishment of goals
- Ability to lead, coach, and motivate staff in a team setting
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
For postings requiring travel add last line: Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers