The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
Daniels is looking to hire a Sustainability Coordinator at the Toronto office. Reporting to the VP of Rental Communities and Sustainability, the Coordinator will play a key role in supporting Daniels Sustainability Tracking & Reporting Framework and the implementation of sustainable design and construction standards. This dynamic, multi-faceted role provides an opportunity to gain hands on development experience, grow in a supportive and entrepreneurial environment, and work on projects from inception to completion.
• Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team that manages complex mixed-use projects through the entire development process along with the long-term operation of rental assets.
• Collaborate with project teams to implement sustainability goals for individual projects and work with internal and consultant teams to develop the action plan for achieving such goals.
• Provide oversight on the implementation of sustainable design elements in projects across the portfolio. Work with the construction team on details such as metering schemes, air tightness details and testing strategies, assisting with coordination and compliance of building rating systems such as LEED and Passive House, etc.
• Manage the tracking of building sustainability metrics (energy/GHG emissions, water, waste, etc.) across the portfolio at both the design and operations stages to inform continuous improvement efforts and optimize asset performance.
• Report on project-level and portfolio-wide sustainability performance, both internally and to external partners.
• Support the communication and implementation of Daniels Sustainability Framework and design and construction standards to various internal teams.
• Support the preparation and communication of annual Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Environment Social and Governance reports
• Contribute to research into new building technologies, such as smart buildings systems, EV charging infrastructure, modular, prefabricated or timber systems, etc.
• University degree in Engineering, Energy and/or Sustainability, Building/Environmental Sciences, Data Sciences, Analytics, or a related field
• 1-3 years of experience in the real estate, building sciences, smart buildings, commissioning, or related industry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; comfortable working with numbers in Excel and using Word and PowerPoint to present information
• Exceptional project and time management abilities, with demonstrated experience undertaking concurrent tasks and managing multiple projects
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• An entrepreneurial work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward your resume to Esi Atwere, Manager, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2021.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.