Senior Communications Specialist, Employee Communications
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS
Job ID: 4052
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS:
The Senior Communications Specialist, Employee Communications, provides strategic communications planning, employee communications, executive communications, issues management, materials production, and event management services for internal audiences. He/she/they provides support for high-profile projects and internal corporate initiatives, works with other Branches and departments to manage intranet content and user experience, and helps develop and champion best practices and guidelines for effective employee communications.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in communications or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable progressive experience in communications in the areas of communications planning, employee engagement, employee communications, and executive communications, in a public sector environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of communications, specifically in the public sector environment
- Proficient in the use of MS 365 applications (SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communications and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Strong event management skills
- Ability to write, prepare and post content to websites for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop and implement communication strategies
- Ability to work independently and as a team player to analyze, problem-solve, mediate and mitigate difficult situations
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work with external partners such as with agencies and contractors
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner while displaying a high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
More search results
Vice-President, Academic and Research
Communications Leader, Measurement System for Phy…
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – CONSTRUCTION
The Daniels Corporation
Vice President, Indigenous Health and Cultural Sa…
Tenure Track Position in Health Services Research
Simon Fraser University - Faculty of Health Sciences