Kearl Mine Services Supervisor
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Environmental, Mining, Security
- Job Type
Kearl Mine Services Supervisor
Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
Reporting to the Mine Services General Foreman this position has the accountability for the safe and productive operation of the site dewatering, road construction/maintenance, shovel cable moves, and miscellaneous projects executed by Mine Services and will work closely with the Operations Supervisors of the mine, tailings, plant and maintenance departments.
- Providing high quality and timely support to meet day-to-day activities
- Organizing and assigning shift staff to effectively optimize the utilization of manpower and equipment
- Understanding and prioritizing activities to achieve required results in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Leading and participating in all security, safety, health and environmental programs
- Other areas of involvement include - sump construction, ditching, dewatering, dust suppression, basal water systems, fusing, site equipment haulage, road maintenance, field facilities, budgeting and other duties in an open pit mining environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Preferably 5-10 years of related experience
- Effective communication (oral and written) and mentoring skills with the proven ability to coach and mentor various levels of staff
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S legislation, watering systems, mining equipment and infrastructure
- Intermediate computer skills is essential
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record
Start date: Q3, 2018
Location: Kearl Oil Sands, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl oil sands operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: August 12, 2018
Please apply online by visiting the career section of imperialoil.ca
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.