Kearl Mine Maintenance Reliability Fleet Analyst
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Engineering, Environmental, Mining
- Job Type
Kearl Mine Maintenance Reliability Fleet Analyst
Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Reliability General Foreman, this role is instrumental in achieving world class mining fleet performance. The Reliability fleet analyst is a challenging role that will require the use of strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a solid technical background. This position is responsible for implementing Kearl’s Reliability program.
- Strong focus on health, safety and environmental initiatives
- Support and continuous improvement of mining equipment strategies (shovels, trucks, support equipment)
- Responsible for mine equipment key performance indicators (KPIs) like equipment availability, mean time between failures (MTBF), mean time to repair (MTTR), percent planned downtime, etc.
- Monitor equipment condition using predictive techniques like oil analysis, ultrasonic and vibration analysis
- Work with diverse tools to capture maintenance/operational data, analyze, interpret it and report finding/recommendations
- Identify equipment bad actors, implement initiatives to reduce/eliminate operational impact and report back on progress/results
- Write/consolidate Reliability Event Reports (RER) on significant reliability events
- Lead RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis)/5 Whys investigations
- Support for MOC (Management of Change) processes in Mine Equipment
- Lead continuous improvement (CI) initiatives on maintenance and reliability activities
- Ensure regulatory compliance tasks are executed according to OH&S regulations (brake testing, lifting equipment certifications, ROPS/FOPS)
- Evaluate and promote use of new technology to improve the maintenance function
- Interface with Mine Operations, Maintenance Execution, Inspection/Regulatory, Engineering, OPS Tech, Mine Tech and SSHE groups
- Promote OIMS (Operations Integrity Management Systems) and other ExxonMobil & Imperial Oil Limited business management processes
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- 5+ years related mining industry experience. A good knowledge of PBP (Production Best Practices) Operations and Maintenance Element, SHE, OIMS, CMMS and other internal business processes are important to the position
- Related heavy mining equipment experience and knowledge of best in class maintenance practices and philosophies (Reliability centered maintenance, TPM)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Start date: Q3, 2018
Location: Kearl Site, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operations north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: August 12, 2018
Please apply online by visiting the career section of imperialoil.ca
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.