Kearl Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician - Trucks and Support
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades, Trucking
- Job Type
Imperial is hiring a number of Heavy Duty Mechanics/Technicians for our Kearl oil sands mining operation. Reporting to a Mine Maintenance Supervisor, these positions are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of heavy equipment in a fully functional oil sands environment.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a variety of fleet equipment such as Heavy Haul Trucks, Graders, Loaders, Excavators, and Dozers. Provide support to the Shovel teams as needed
- Recording information related to maintenance repairs and work completed
- Adhering to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Taking part in all training requirements
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Interprovincial Red seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician eligible to work in Alberta
- 3-5 years' experience minimum (oil sands experience preferred)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record are required
- Able to work independently and as part of a professional maintenance team
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safe operations and continuous improvement
- Experience using computerized diagnostics tools
Start date: Q3 2018
Location: Kearl Site, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operations north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: August 20, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.