Team Assistant - Research
The Team Assistant provides research support relating to varied research projects as well as provides organization, coordination and support of events, seminars and webinars throughout the province related to Building Smart and other educational initiatives. The position organizes/performs a variety of project and contract administration, process improvements and budgetary functions, and maintains the corporate Research and Education Plan, along with general administrative duties.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration.
- Minimum of three years directly related experience. Experience with graphic software (e.g. In Design) an asset; experience with editing and validating data an asset
- Or a suitable combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
In-depth knowledge of the processes and practices of office administration
- General knowledge and understanding of the research function and the objectives of the department
- Advanced practical knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Strong organization and project administration abilities
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, research partners and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Advanced computer skills for applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.