Under the direction of the assigned Manager is responsible for ensuring that all projects developed and administered by BC Housing comply with the appropriate Design and Construction Standards. Conducts detailed plan and specification reviews, conducts site inspections during construction and provides contract administration services. Monitors the work of inspectors, architects, other consultants and general contractors.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma from a minimum 2 year Building, Engineering or Architectural Technology Program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program).
- Training an asset in the following:
- Project management
- Building envelope principles,
- Industry standards including regulatory requirements,
- Construction contract administration
- Recommended construction practices.
- At least 2 years acceptable technologist work experience
- Considerable related field experience.
- Two years contract administration experience including significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- demonstrated critical thinking skills
- demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and well-honed decision making skills
- creative thinking and innovation skills; has demonstrated initiative carrying out roles
- excellent organizational skills
- good knowledge of the BC Building Code
- ability to read and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- a good understanding of Municipal approval procedures
- experience inspecting buildings
- ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects
- proficiency in use and of MS Office applications and in Construction software
- valid BC Driver’s Licence
- willingness to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.