Portfolio Assistant - Non-Profit
The Portfolio Assistant (PA) provides operational and administrative support to Non-Profit Portfolio Managers (NPPMs) with respect to Financial Review and Budget preparation, the operational review process and Extreme Weather Response (EWR) program administration.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in business or program administration.
- Minimum three years related program administration experience, with some experience in accounting.
OR an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of program administration processes and practices
- Strong knowledge of all funding programs and the Non-Profit Rent Calculation Policy
- General knowledge of established protocols within BC Housing’s systems and government filing system
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to organize, prioritize and process a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines; demonstrated initiative and follow through skills
- Good research and problem solving skills
- Analytical with a mathematical aptitude, and a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of audiences.
- 40 wpm minimum
- Excellent database and spreadsheet expertise and proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, ORS, Housing Connections, JDE1, Central Property System (CPS), WebFocus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.