The Program Analyst supports the Commission’s program planning function to improve the delivery and management of social housing and homelessness programs across the province. The position supports complex projects and the development of new program design, re-engineering existing programs, program plans, delivery strategies, policies, and resources for new and revised programs. The incumbent works collaboratively with all Branches to ensure effective implementation across a diverse regional structure.
Conducting surveys and analyses of a broad variety of program planning issues, writing complex analytical reports, and presenting findings and/or proposed solutions are requirements of the role. Participation in the research and preparation of position papers, the provision of background information for briefing notes and reports for Program Planning managers and other business areas may also be required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or university degree in social sciences, policy, business practices or other related field.
- Minimum three years in a directly related research or planning role
- Experience in housing or public policy analysis, program design or evaluation
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of planning and conducting complex and multi-dimensional planning projects
- Familiarity with all provincial housing programs and standards, and supporting resources such as program frameworks, guides, agreements etc
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and proven ability to reason through complex issues and present information clearly and concisely in writing
- Ability to coordinate longer-term assignments and projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups, meet deadlines and identify key milestones or measures of success
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad range of audiences, e.g. across a range of professions, clients, contacts, stakeholders (including interested parties with diverse educational, social and cultural backgrounds.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- General knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide, and knowledge in particular of social housing and social policy
- Proficient in MS Word with higher intermediate to advanced level skills in software including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strongly adept in the use of the Internet for research purposes
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.