Kearl Maintenance Electrical, Instrumentation, or Dual Ticketed (E&I) Technician
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Imperial is hiring a number of Plant Maintenance Electrical, Instrumentation, or Dual Ticketed (E&I) Technicians. This role will report into the Kearl Production Maintenance Organization in the I/E&C team to support Kearl electrical and instrumentation systems maintenance.
- Participate/lead risk assessments and HAZOPS
- Support and adhere to:
- CIMS (Controls Information Management System)
- OIMS (Operations Integrity Management System)
- Elements and safety programs
- Production Best Practices
- Expert knowledge of Plant Maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Journeyman certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation or Dual with Electrical and Instrumentation
- 3 years of maintenance Electrical or Instrumentation experience in an operating facility
- Full Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a safe driving record
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess either Instrumentation Technician certificates or an Instrumentation Technology Diploma accompanied with a Journeyman's certificate
Successful candidates will be encouraged to develop industrial instrumentation and electrical knowledge and skills.
Opportunities for career advancement will be provided within the organization and for individuals to participate in continued training including apprenticeships and other job related activities and requirements.
If the successful candidate does not possess both an Electrical and Instrumentation Certifications, they will be required to enroll in the apprenticeship for the other trade.
Start date: Q3, 2018
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: August 26, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.