Program Manager, Community Engagement, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation, Research
Program Manager, Community Engagement, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control (2 year contract)
Position: Program Manager, Community Engagement, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
Status: 2 year contract
This position is part of the Strategy Division which is responsible for advancing progress of the First Nation, Inuit and Métis strategy through active engagement and involvement with key partners and stakeholders. The division also includes responsible oversite of integrating Strategy, Evaluation and Analysis, Knowledge Mobilization, Corporate Communications and Public Outreach and Engagement functions to support and drive the Partnership’s overall effectiveness against its key goals and outcomes.
The Program Manager, Community Engagement, is a critical role to ensure we are engaging and supporting our partners and Indigenous stakeholders in all provinces and territories in a responsive way. Guided by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action, culturally appropriate approaches will be the foundation of designing, implementing and supporting an engagement strategy involving all partners and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control, the position will lead the advancement of partner priorities through strategy development and implementation with local, regional and national Indigenous partners, National Indigenous Organizations and other organizations such as Heath Canada and pan-Canadian health organizations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Health Policy or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience planning and implementing projects with stakeholders
- Experience with, and understanding of, First Nations, Inuit and Métis health issues and demonstrated expertise in effectively working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis partners and stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrated experience with federal and/or provincial health policy landscape, including understanding of issues and challenges and key differences among jurisdictions, ideally in the cancer domain and with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Health Care Systems
- Experience in large scale or national project management and evaluation
- Experience working within a health environment conducting research, analysis and stakeholder relations
- Proven project management and organizational skills, including experience in all facets of the project management life cycle
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strategic stakeholder relationships, especially in multidisciplinary settings
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations to varied stakeholder groups
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages an asset
- Excellent technical skills (Microsoft Office products, software, and new technologies)
Friday, August 31, 2018
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter combined in Word or PDF format explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating ‘Program Manager, Community Engagement, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control’ in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca