Director, Employment Strategies
- United Way of Greater Toronto
- Job Category
- Job Type
POSITION: Director, Employment Strategies (full-time, permanent)
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact and Strategy
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Community Opportunities and Mobilization
BASIC FUNCTION: To provide leadership and oversight to advancing United Way’s employment innovation investments across the Peel, York Region and Toronto.
- Provide both strategic and operational leadership locally and regionally as it relates to UWGT’s innovative employment initiatives including strategic design and decision making, implementation, communication, evaluation and monitoring, and driving cross organization deliverables
- Oversee design of new funding strategies including research, internal and external coordination, implementation, volunteer and stakeholder engagement, evaluations, review and adaptations and the relevant administrative aspects
- Provide direction to the staff team re: working with key sector partners in strategic design and implementation of capacity building, outreach and developmental supports as prioritized by our innovative employment initiatives
- Develop, maintain and evolve strategic relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders, including youth, government and other funders, donors and corporations and community agencies
- Develop, participate and assist in broader community problem solving and collaboration initiatives as required
- Play effective leadership role in driving integration priorities within the Community Impact & Strategy department and cross-organizationally
- Work with the Senior Management Team across the organization on objective setting, team work planning, budget planning and change management associated with UWGT's strategic plan (vision, mission, values and strategic priorities)
- Provide leadership and coaching for management staff including setting annual objectives, performance management and ensuring professional development opportunities
- Ensure risk management and due diligence policies and processes are implemented
- Support Vice President, Community Opportunities and Mobilization in related projects
- More than 5 years and up to and including 10 years’ experience in strategic program planning, implementation and evaluation and community development with experience in designing and implementing employment programs
- Strong working knowledge and expertise in the non-profit sector and human services sector in Peel, Toronto and York Region specifically related to effective and innovative employment strategies
- Demonstrated leadership experience advancing anti-racism, anti-oppression, equity and inclusion practices
- Proven skills in program and partnership development
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strategic corporate partnerships for community development strategies
- Experience in donor engagement and stewardship
- Proven skills leading, motivating, and managing staff and volunteers
- Proven process/project management skills
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgement to problem solve
- Ability to coordinate complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to drive cross organization integration and innovation
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage sensitive issues with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Proven organizational abilities and capacity to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
Interested candidates please click to apply no later than August 24, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of resumes, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
UWGT offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by UWGT regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
United Way Greater Toronto is dedicated to fighting local poverty in all its forms, working with communities in Peel, Toronto, and York Region. Together with our partners, we create opportunities for a better life for everyone across our region. As the largest non-governmental funder of social services in our region, United Way Greater Toronto mobilizes people and resources to support a network of agencies that help people when and where they need it most. Join United Way’s #UprisingofCare and help us build a region where poverty has no power. unitedwaygt.org
Diversity & Inclusion:
At United Way Greater Toronto, we’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with deep roots in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes further than promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and ideas we create opportunities for innovative solutions — and better results that maximize the impact of our work.