Business Analysis Manager
BUSINESS ANALYSIS MANAGER
Reporting to a Manager, IT Programs, the Business Analysis Manager is responsible for providing business analysis and functional support for core BC Housing business systems, including but not limited to, Oracle - JD Edwards Enterprise One (JDE1), Siebel - Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) and SMART, Oracle Content - Electronic Content Management (SLICE), PeopleSoft – Talent Management System (TMS) and Payroll, Homelessness Services System (HSS), Housing Connections (HC), Central Property System (CPS), Licensing Information Management System (LIMS) and WebFOCUS - Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse (BI), Office365 and SharePoint.
The position provides applications support to Business Support resources, leads business process modeling, proposes new/enhanced business processes, documents requirements, collaborates on technical requirements and specifications, liaises with various IT development and support teams, supports development of business cases, chairs project meetings, manages moderate sized projects, monitors new installs and services, resolves problems, coordinates release notes documentation and training programs, participates in post implementation reviews and performance analyses.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in Commerce/Business Administration or Information Technology from a recognized post secondary institution with 3+ years of Business Analysis experience, 5+ years of IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services and/or appropriate training/experience. Considerable experience in supporting enterprise-wide business systems. Experience with interfaces including troubleshooting issues. Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of information systems programs and business processes pertaining to accounting, procurement, maintenance and real estate management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge of business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management, and good knowledge and understanding of the Commission’s structure and business operations.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle concepts and the ability to apply them to small projects such as business process changes and data cleansing
- Strong knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, and IT development environments
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle technology including database and middleware
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Office365 and SharePoint technologies
- Familiarity with hardware technologies (ie. servers, workstations, networks and operating systems)
- Knowledge of feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes
- Broad understanding of systems technology trends and the ability to critically assess and evaluate those trends as they apply to the organization.
- Ability to plan and manage moderate-sized projects, or portions of larger projects, manage teams of staff and contractors in the development, change management and implementation of systems, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Strong skills in business requirements gathering, process modelling and solution architecting including writing business requirement documents and/or polish business documents
- Well developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
Tenure Track Position in Material Practices
School of Fashion, Ryerson University
Island Metis Family & Community Services Society
Director, Indigenous Programs
Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
Program Assistant-Group Homes
Director, Indigenous Relations and Programs
Ministry of Attorney General