Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Job ID: 2869
Location: RIVERVIEW (COQUITLAM), BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of a Documentation Clerk and the front office as well as overseeing the administrative support functions of the maintenance areas including: ensuring business processes align; systems, practices, and procedures are coordinated; maintenance costs are allocated to the appropriate budgets; oversee the business analytics, work-order flows, cost allocation and management of the systems that track maintenance for Directly Managed and Riverview properties as well as Commercial Rental units in the Lower Mainland.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation plus substantial completion of a college diploma in a relevant field of study such as business administration. Course in accounting preferred.
- Completion of a Business Analytics course and a supervisory training course.
- Minimum of four years progressive experience, including experience supervising staff;
- Experience in property maintenance and building repair, work order creation, monitoring and reporting an asset.
- Experience in using office and accounting computer systems and software; experience in extracting, analysing and formatting data from JD Edwards an asset.
- Experience administering social housing programs would be an asset
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth practical knowledge of the rules, practices and processes associated with program/project, accounting, and contract administration.
- Good understanding of IT systems and office/accounting applications; excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Project; plus an interest and willingness to learn new applications and systems as required.
- Good knowledge of facility repair and maintenance processes and scheduling.
- Excellent attention to detail; good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to coordinate the administrative aspects of a site office, work independently (often while on own) and also function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise with collaborative problem solving capabilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
More search results
Tenure Track Position in Material Practices
School of Fashion, Ryerson University
Island Metis Family & Community Services Society
Director, Indigenous Programs
Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
Program Assistant-Group Homes
Director, Indigenous Relations and Programs
Ministry of Attorney General