DIRECTOR, ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN & COMPENSATION
Job ID: 2915
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
DIRECTOR, ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN & COMPENSATION
A pivotal role with organization-wide impact for a strategic, conceptual and analytical thinker with a track record of delivering successful organizational design and compensation programs
Human Resources within BC Housing leads the development and implementation of employee engagement, and labour relations strategies, plans and programs to attract, engage, motivate and retain experienced, dedicated and skilled employees. In so doing, HR supports the effective delivery of safe, affordable and quality housing across the Province. Your contribution as Director of Organizational Design and Compensation will be invaluable in making this happen.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Human Resources, you will provide strategic leadership in determining effective organizational structures and job design, as well as develop and lead compensation programs to support organizational objectives. Leading by example and encouraging new ideas and ways of thinking, you will build productive relationships at all levels and work to support a high-performance organization where each member of the team is empowered to achieve results
You have a solid foundation for success: a degree with a specialty in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour or another relevant discipline, and considerable experience leading the development and implementation of organizational design and compensation strategies, policies and programs within a unionized setting, in federal, provincial or municipal governments and/or Crown corporations. As Director of Organizational Design & Compensation, you will also bring the following strengths to the table:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of public sector compensation programs, and of legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to compensation
- In-depth knowledge of structure, programs and operating practices of public sector, and ideally Crown, organizations
- Ability to lead the creation of organizational design and compensation strategies, programs and initiatives to support BC Housing’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships with Executive, senior management and all levels of staff, and provide leadership, direction, influence and inspiration in encouraging new ways of thinking, facilitating appropriate courses of action and leading others to achieve results
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, diplomacy and good judgment
- Effective consultative, facilitation, consensus-building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking, and strong problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
Additional experience in the private sector, and a CHRP and/or CCP/CBP designation would be considered assets.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers