Privacy, Access and Quality Manager
PRIVACY, ACCESS & QUALITY MANAGER
Job ID: 2939
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
PRIVACY, ACCESS & QUALITY MANAGER
The Privacy, Access & Quality Manager is responsible for administering BC Housing’s obligations under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and the resolution of complaints, including representing BC Housing at the Human Rights Tribunal. The incumbent interacts with BC Housing’s CEO, Vice-Presidents and senior management to provide advice on complex and sensitive matters, and develops effective trust-based working relationships with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, the Office of the Ombudsperson, the Human Rights Tribunal Commission, and other government entities to facilitate the resolution of issues. The Manager participates in the planning and formulation of departmental objectives, plans, policies and procedures to ensure accomplishment of business objectives, and acts as back-up for the the Privacy Officer and Senior Manager Information Servcies. Incumbents may focus on one primary function but are expected to be knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses, such as IAPP certification.
- Considerable experience processing FOI requests of varied complexity, completing Privacy Impact Assessments, including for complex Information Technology (IT) systems and environments, completing Information Sharing Agreements and handling complaints of varied complexity. Considerable experience in communicating with senior level staff, organizations such as the OO, the Human Rigts tribunal, the OIPC, and clients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of freedom of information, privacy and human rights legislation
- In depth knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s business operations
- Demonstrable expertise in analysing the requirements of FIPPA and the impact of OIPC decisions
- Basic knowledge of IT Security
- Ability to plan and manage the development and implementation of a complaint resolution program in accordance with legislation and business requirements
- Ability to chair review and appeal committees
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance
- Well-honed problem solving skills, and ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Proven communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with BC Housing executive, managers and staff, the OIPC, the Human Rights tribunal and other government agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.