Financial Review & Budget Analyst
Financial Review & Budget Analyst
Job ID: 2932
Location: Burnaby, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
FINANCIAL REVIEW & BUDGET ANALYST
Provides complex financial and program support relating to the review and administration of Non-Profit Housing Program subsidy and budgets, and the monitoring of financial performance of Non-Profit Societies engaged in the provision of social housing. Supports the Non-Profit Portfolio Manager, Senior Operations Analyst or Supportive Housing Advisor, who is the key relationship manager for the assigned portfolio of housing providers and is the primary point of contact for the Non Profit. (NP)
The successful candidate will have the following:
Community College diploma in a relevant discipline such as business administration or accounting and minimum three years directly related experience in a financial accounting environment. Or and equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Certification in intermediate to advanced computer skills preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of program and financial administration
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices including a good understanding of financial statements and budget processes
- A good understanding of mortgage lending processes including principal and interest calculations, renewals and amortization
- Good knowledge of BC Housing funding programs
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in relevant databases, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Strong mathematical ability; good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical, research, investigative and problem solving abilities and ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to interpret operating agreements for the purpose of calculating subsidies
- Ability to explain detailed information to non-profit societies and other external contacts
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating tact, courtesy and patience; able to adjust communication style as required to probe and assess issues
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with solid command of English language.
- Good organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to plan, multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Minimum 40 wpm keyboarding skills
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.