NON PROFIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Job ID: 2963
Location: PENTICTON, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
NON PROFIT PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Non Profit Portfolio Manager (NPPM) is responsible for working in a collaborative partnership with housing and service providers to provide the highest quality of stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services. The NPPM performs a varied role within an assigned area by: (1) providing education, consultation and support to the Boards of Directors and Executive staff of Non-Profit Societies and Cooperatives staff regarding the effective management of their social housing properties; (2) assessing the financial risk of non-profits and (3) coordinating the delivery of contracted services for a variety of housing related programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Considerable experience in the negotiation and management of contracts for service.
- Experience in specific areas such as services to women and children fleeing abuse, people who are homeless and people who live with mental health and/or addictions issues depending on specific position requirements.
- Experience in property management.
- Financial experience (Budgets, Financial Statements etc)
OR equivalent and acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Cross-functional knowledge and understanding of non-profit society governance, operation, budgeting, maintenance, administration, procurement, contracting and staffing
- Sound working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, Societies Act, the Co–op Housing Act and the Community Care and Assisted Living Act.
- Sound understanding of how Program Agreements, and project-specific Operating Agreements, affect the financial review and budget approval process
- Ability to strategize, plan, coordinate, integrate and manage a portfolio of non-profit societies in providing the highest quality of stable, safe and affordable housing and housing related services.
- Ability to act as relationship manager and primary point of contact for Societies, including interacting with Society Board of Directors, the Executive Director, and Chief Financial Officers and accounting staff;
- Ability to analyze complex, challenging and sensitive issues, balance diverse interests and facilitate the implementation of solutions through successful and constructive relationships and partnerships, both externally and internally
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with housing vulnerable tenants and ability to work closely with service providers in mitigating risk
- Expertise and knowledge of budgeting and contracting practices, and ability to assess audited financial statements
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, consultative and relationship building skills
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers