- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Job Category
- Government Relations/Legislation
- Job Type
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Senior Advisor Indigenous Relations
$67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually
The Senior Advisor, Indigenous Relations manages Indigenous consultation activities for highway projects, which have high economic value, high risk for legal challenges, or high political impacts. Highway projects are on Crown Land and require a determination of the impact on Indigenous’ identified or potentially claimed or proven aboriginal interests. This position carries out consultations and negotiations to address Indigenous groups’ concerns while minimizing any negative impacts on projects.
This position also manages reconciliation of highway right of way through reserve lands, which includes the delivery of reserve acquisition for highway projects and/or resolving outstanding tenure matters. This would involve resource budgeting, contract management, appraisal valuations, surveys and ensuring the Provincial and Federal processes are met during negotiations.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Experience in participating and/or leading the consultation process with Indigenous groups.
- Experience in negotiating agreements and settlements with Indigenous groups
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with Indigenous communities.
- Experience managing multiple projects and negotiations.
- Experience conducting research and analysis related to land use, historical highway right of way, resource management, social or economic development issues.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Operational Experience with highway infrastructure
- Experience with property acquisition, contract services, and tenure related negotiations.
For more information and to apply online by January 27, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57172
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.
More search results
Queen's University Dept. of Sociology
Call for Applicants, Faculty and Academic Adminis…
Tenure-Track Appointments, Faculty of Design, OCA…
Socio-Economic Specialist (Assessment, Engagement…
National Energy Board
Application Configuration Manager