Job ID: 2967 (Multiple Positions Available)
SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 6 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Assistant works in partnership with the housing sector and community agencies to ensure that those in need of affordable housing are able to access a range of options for assistance with housing.
Provides direct customer service and support in the daily operations of the department’s programs, products and service delivery, which includes The Housing Registry, delivering targeted rent subsidy and other rental assistance programs, the BC Home Owner Mortgage and Equity Partnership program, the Home Adaptations for Independence program, and the rent calculation and confirmation process for rent-geared-to-income housing.
Applications Assistants are required to work cooperatively in a team environment and be knowledgeable in all Applicant Services’ program areas and are assigned work as required based on changing business needs and priorities.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Post-secondary courses in office systems and procedures.
- Courses or training in the field of customer service.
- Courses or training in providing service in a Contact Centre environment.
- Minimum of three years office experience, including at least one year providing detailed information to the public. Experience providing direct customer service to the public, preferably in a Contact Centre environment, would be an asset.
Or A suitable combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Good conflict resolution skills and the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations, operating agreements and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and systems.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain quality standards.
- General understanding of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- General knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
- *An eligibility list may be established*
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers