SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER-ANALYST
Job ID: 2984 (MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Senior Application Developer/Analyst
An exciting role for a savvy IT professional who thrives in an environment where competing deadlines and priorities are the norm, and welcomes the opportunity to support the achievement of BC Housing’s business objectives via collaborative application development
As a Senior Application Developer/Analyst, you’ll be expected to research, design, document, and modify software throughout the system life cycle, from analyzing business requirements and functional specifications to translating them into technical specifications for applications and reports. Acting as a technical resource, you’ll maintain and monitor runtime operations of production applications, take appropriate measures to ensure availability of critical applications, and make recommendations on hardware and software technology products, and on system configuration changes to meet business needs.
Your success as a Senior Application Developer/Analyst will be driven by your proven background in application and database development, supported by a degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Adept at analyzing and troubleshooting technology issues, you also bring the following strengths to this role:
- At least seven (7) years’ experience developing in an Oracle Java environment such as:
- Java certification, an asset.
- Practical working knowledge in building custom enterprise web applications using relational databases and Java web technologies.
- Ability to identify, diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to technology.
- Ability to create and update technical and user manual documentation.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and within a team of business users and technical analysts.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to excel working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and familiarity with UNIX and LINUX.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers