APPLICATION CONFIGURATION MANAGER
Job ID: 2976
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Application Configuration Manager
A results-oriented, service-focused leader will see in this role an opportunity to participate in the full system and application development life cycle and, in so doing, ensure the continuity of business processes to support the achievement of business objectives at BC Housing
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications Development, you’ll analyze, define, configure and/or develop, test, deploy and maintain software applications. This will include application design and prototyping in a multi-tier environment built primarily on Oracle technology and tools, and a Microsoft .NET framework.
More specifically, as an Application Configuration Manager, you’ll design, configure and develop functionality in Oracle-based software products, participate in implementing new applications, support existing applications and system interfaces, and translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications for applications. Based on your analysis of different systems, you’ll identity system integration needs and then propose and develop said integrations to ensure continuity of business processes. We will also count on you to monitor runtime operations of production applications, ensure availability of critical applications and recommend system configuration changes to meet business needs.
Your sound judgment and sense of confidentiality will serve you well in this role, as your involvement throughout the system life cycle will see you manipulating confidential information such as employee compensation and benefit data.
As the skilled Application Configuration Manager we seek, you’ll have a degree or diploma in Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a track record of success in application development and support, and be able to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies. Your professional portfolio will also feature the following experience, skills and abilities:
- At least two (2) years’ development experience in an Oracle or Microsoft environment, including:
- Programming in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL;
- Designing and developing operational reports;
- Developing and supporting applications within the Microsoft .NET framework or JAVA, as well as web applications;
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and interpreting data models.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports, Oracle BIP, Oracle OPA, Oracle WebCenter Sites, and Oracle Identity Access Management, an asset.
- Experience with system integration, an asset.
- Practical working knowledge in building applications using JD Edwards, Siebel, Enterprise Content Management, PeopleSoft HR, relational databases, structured query language, modular and object-oriented languages, and web technology.
- Ability to identify, diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to technology.
- Ability to create and update technical and user manual documentation.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and within a team of business users and technical analysts.
- Ability to excel working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with confidential information contained within the Talent Management system and other systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and familiarity with UNIX and LINUX.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers