Kearl Logistics & Infrastructure - Site Services Field Coordinator
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Mining, Project Management, Transportation
- Job Type
The Kearl Logistics & Infrastructure organization is responsible for daily management of infrastructure and logistics requirements for the Kearl site which includes:
- Civil Maintenance (roads, grounds and vegetation control)
- Facility maintenance (buildings & critical preventative maintenance)
- Waste Management (on- site and disposal to offsite landfills & re-cyclers)
- Telecommunication including coordination of 2500 radios valued at ~10M$, CCTV, Genetec access systems, fiber optic networks & telecommunication towers
- Janitorial Services at ~ 150 locations
- Medical & Emergency Services
- Camp accommodations and personnel transportation services (busing and light vehicle fleet mgmt.)
- Site services including fuel supply, propane supply, water and sewer hauling, dispensing including operation of the fuel card lock facility and distribution to site ancillary equipment
The Site Services Field Coordinator will work with the Site Services Coordinator to prioritize work and support the safe and efficient execution with ~ 15 service contractor companies. In executing the work the field coordinator will support safety over sight of 350+ contractors per rotation and an opex budget of ~ 250 M$ annually.
This is predominantly a field based role, working both days and nights, where the Field Coordinator is providing continuous safety leadership, coaching, mentorship, support, and consultation to workers and front line supervisors to aid in achieving Imperial’s vision of Nobody Gets Hurt.
- Minimum 80% on-site interfacing with the workforce
- Participating in on-site interfaces demonstrating safety leadership and providing the workforce with on-going safety coaching and attesting. For example, participating in toolbox talks, daily safety meetings, general safety meetings, site walkarounds, LPOs, etc.
- Demonstrating safety leadership by providing on-going coaching/mentorship through hazard identification, behavior observations, etc. Coaching workers and supervisors on the use of safety tools
- Attesting, validating and verifying the application of safety tools from the Safety Management System, Work Management and Operations integrity Management System (OIMS) standards (e.g. work permits, job safety analysis, stop & think, training matrix compliance, etc.)
- Working with 3rd party service providers to coordinate the safe and efficient execution of work in a remote site environment
- Ensure all work completed meets all safety requirements. Act as owners representative to fulfill the companies work management requirements and provide support and backfill related to work management responsibilities as required
- Facilitating regular safety and quality inspections / assessments and audits to ensure consistently high quality executed by service contractor companies
- 24 hour on call readiness including after hour case management and issue resolution
- Interfacing with site operations and projects groups to coordinate field work execution
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating operation and maintenance activities with various maintenance and service contractors
- Supporting recognition for safe behaviors as required (e.g. spot award, Caught Safe at Kearl, recommendation for Kearl Safety Leader Award, etc.)
- Verifying labor, equipment and materials for receipt of services to support on time and accurate invoice payments
- Developing and complying with Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS) business control requirements specific to respective roles
- Sustainment of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) systems and requirements specific to respective roles
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Relevant industry accreditation or additional education is preferred (e.g. Project Management diploma or certificate)
- 5-10+ years industry related experience, with background specific to civil roads & grounds, building maintenance and construction or related experience
- Strong safety focus and skilled in safety leadership, coaching and mentoring
- High motivation and ability to deliver superior results with minimal day to day direction
- Ability to work under pressure and react to non-routine situations
- Effective communication, writing and public speaking skills are essential in communicating with clients (site personnel, contractors and service providers) and contractor management and personnel
- Keen focus on identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and across the businesses
- Leadership skills to act as a role model, promoting a positive influence on the work of others through demonstration of technical expertise and effective interpersonal skills
Start date: Q1, 2019
Location: Kearl Oil Sands, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl oil sands operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.