Kearl Logistics & Infrastructure - Site Services Coordinator
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Mining, Project Management, Transportation
- Job Type
The Site Services Coordinator (SSC) is responsible for planning and coordinating work with ~ 15 service contractor companies. In executing the work, the SSC’s have safety oversight of 350+ contractors per rotation and an opex budget of ~250 M$ annually. The SSC interface with service contractors to coordinate the following services on behalf of the site:
- Civil Maintenance (roads, grounds and vegetation control)
- Facility maintenance (buildings & critical preventative maintenance)
- Waste Management (on- site and disposal to offsite landfills & re-cyclers)
- Telecommunication including coordination of 2500 radios valued at ~10 M$, CCTV, Genetec access systems, fiber optic networks & telecommunication towers
- Coordination of 300+ light vehicles and numerous units of ancillary equipment (generators, light plants, pumps etc.)
- Fuel supply and dispensing including operation of the fuel card lock facility and distribution to site ancillary equipment
- Janitorial Services at ~ 150 locations
- Medical & Emergency Services
- Water & sewer hauling (site distribution and offsite supply/disposal)
- Propane Supply
- Rental equipment
- Bottled water and coffee supplies
- Land management, permitting and surveying
- Providing safety leadership and over-sight of contractor personnel through influence of contractor leadership and supervision. Conducting Loss Prevention Observations (LPO’s), roll-out Safe Start, attend safety start of shift meetings, performing case management and incident investigations
- 24 hour on call readiness including after-hour case management and issue resolution
- Interfacing with site operations and projects groups to understand service level needs and performing consumption planning to ensure optimal levels of contract resources are on site to deliver services in a cost effective manner (balance of quality and cost)
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating operation and maintenance activities with various maintenance and service contractors
- Responsible for cost management of the services including developing P&B (budget) monthly stewardship and identification and implementation of cost saving opportunities (~250 M$ total team budget)
- Creating purchase orders and work requests to release work against contracts
- Contract administrator involved with contract development, sustainment and OIMS contractor interface management requirements
- Managing small projects (generally <1 M$) including planning, budgeting, work execution and safety
- Verifying labor, equipment and materials for receipt of services to support on time and accurate invoice payments
- Developing and complying with Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS) business control requirements specific to respective roles
- Sustainment of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) systems and requirements specific to respective roles
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Relevant industry accreditation or additional education is preferred (e.g. Project Management diploma or certificate)
- 5-10+ years industry related experience, with background specific to the services being coordinated including safety management
- Strong safety focus and skilled in safety leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Strong background in coordinating work groups to deliver timely, accurate and quality service levels
- High motivation and ability to deliver superior results with minimal day to day direction
- Ability to work under pressure and react to non-routine situations
- Effective communication, writing and public speaking skills are essential in communicating with clients (site personnel, contractors and service providers) and contractor management and personnel)
- Keen focus on identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and across the businesses
- Leadership skills to act as a role model, promoting a positive influence on the work of others through demonstration of technical expertise and effective interpersonal skills
Start date: Q1, 2019
Location: Kearl Oil Sands, AB
Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions. Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining project.
This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents. Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift.)
Kearl oil sands operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.