JOB ID: 2986
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Workforce Assistant works to support the team by providing expertise and instruction to a group of clerical services staff, supporting the delivery of high quality services and programs that are responsive to client needs. The Workforce Assistant also supports the Workforce Coordinator in an administrative capacity.
The daily operations of the Applicant Services department includes The Housing Registry, delivery of targeted rent subsidy and rent assistance programs, the rent calculation and confirmation process, the Rent Help Desk, the Home Adaptations for Independence program, and the BC HOME partnership.
Applicant Services department staff work with the housing sector, community agencies, and other BC Housing staff to ensure that those in need of affordable housing are able to access a range of options for assistance with housing and to keep them apprised of the most current policies, procedures and information in respect to the operations of the Applicant Services department.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Completion of a comprehensive and relevant post-secondary course from a recognized educational institution, including courses in office administration and computers
- Minimum of two years experience in a general office environment, preferably within a customer service environment.
- Experience in providing on the job training and feedback to adult learners.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures, filing and record-keeping systems.
- General understanding of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- Good knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammatical usage.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding and dynamic atmosphere.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of partners and customers, including individuals of diverse education and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to organize, plan and schedule work.
- Good problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and initiative.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines, adapt to competing and critical priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to maintain quality standards.
- Intermediate-level skill with computer applications and software including Housing Connections, SMART and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 18 kg.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers