COORDINATOR - CORPORATE RECEPTION SERVICES
Job ID: 2998
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
COORDINATOR, CORPORATE RECEPTION SERVICES
Reporting to the Manager Business Support Services, the Coordinator - Corporate Reception Services is responsible for providing professional front-line reception and customer service for the Home Office. The incumbent ensures all callers and visitors receive a positive first impression of BC Housing and are treated with respect and discretion. The position receives important calls for the Chief Executive Officer and members of the executive, including calls from Board members, the Minister, Deputy Minister and MLAs, and takes detailed and confidential messages, ensuring a seamless transition when executive assistants are unavailable.
The position performs a variety of administrative duties, maintains databases and records, and ensures positive relationships with the executive and staff, members of the Board, senior government officials, and clients, vendors and suppliers. The incumbent trains relief Receptionists and monitors their work while on reception.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation and additional courses in office administration and communication, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound working experience in providing professional corporate reception services, preferably several years, including considerable experience operating switchboard equipment (preferably VoIP) in a high volume reception environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound working knowledge of the policies, practices and processes associated with the provision of reception services
- Sound working knowledge of switchboard equipment, preferably VoIP
- Considerable knowledge of the organization’s mandate, structure, policies and programs, and general knowledge of the mandate and programs of the Ministry and other relevant public and private sector organizations
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling and punctuation, and ability to speak in a clear and professional manner
- Ability to constantly convey a positive image of the organization and effectively and efficiently respond to telephone calls, in-person visitors and staff enquiries, often all at the same time
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with the CEO, executive and staff of the Commission, members of the Board, and the Minister, Deputy Minister and MLAs
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to deal in a positive way with conflict and confrontational situations using judgment, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to deal effectively with all kinds of situations, including emergencies, with maturity and self confidence
- Effective organizational and time management skills, and ability to multitask and work to multiple and ever-changing priorities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, good word processing skills and aptitude for quickly learning computer applications
- Good arithmetic aptitude and ability to keep detailed and accurate records
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers