PLATFORM TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER (DEVOPS & CLOUD)
Job ID: 3007
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Platform Technology Engineer (DevOps & Cloud)
A results-oriented, innovative professional with proven success engineering platform solutions and adept at using new technologies to improve IT operations, will welcome this opportunity to be part of the team that maximizes BC Housing’s Cloud platform solutions and DevOps processes in meeting business goals
Reporting to the Manager of Platform Technology Services, you’ll help develop and shape the organizations platform solutions that will include the use of Public Cloud and DevOps engineered automations.
You will be responsible for building best in class configuration management, automated deployment and CI/CD pipelines and provide scalable solutions to support the software development lifecycles across the organization’s range of applications. You will leverage industry leading tools, including Public Cloud platform services to improve efficiency, automation and system monitoring for continuous software lifecycle and operations.
As a Platform Technology Engineer, you will collaborate closely with project management, application development teams and IT operations to ensure end-products are high-performing, highly available and secure. You will help transition traditional deployed applications (both in-house developed and off-the shelf enterprise class software) to container-based architectures leveraging Public Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure.
This is an excellent opportunity to make full use of your degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, or equivalent work experience, and your significant experience in development lifecycle automation to bring state of the art continuous integration and continuous deployment practices to BC Housing.
As a Platform Technology Engineer, you will also put to work the following experience, knowledge and skillset:
- Sound experience with enterprise-based technology
- 3+ years’ experience administering and operating production systems.
- 2+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- deploying infrastructure and platform configurations to Public Cloud
- working with virtualization platforms and containers
- running and maintaining an automated CI/CD pipeline;
- working with container orchestration systems
- Solid experience working within the following technical environments:
- Oracle WebLogic, RDBMS;
- Java/J2E, Oracle ADF;
- .NET / SQL Server;
- Practice experience in the following areas (or equivalent):
- Container build and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins
- Shell Languages: Bash, PowerShell
- Dependency Management Tools: Ant
- Versioning and source control: StarTeam, TFS, Azure DevOps
- QA Automation Tools: HP QTP
- Application Performance Monitoring: Dynatrace)
- Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, etc.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers