Journeyman Plant/Field Mechanic
- Imperial Oil
- Fox Creek, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Millwright/Mechanic, Mining
- Job Type
As a key member of our XTO Energy Whitecourt Kaybob Facility/Field team, you will provide support to the operations, ensuring that gas is produced in an efficient and cost effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, and regulatory compliance and business stewardship. Your primary responsibility will be to maintain all the rotating equipment to company standards and keep records to confirm standards are being met. Qualified candidates must have ability to work a rotating shift schedule (8 days on/6 days off), and will be required to work some overtime.
Your strong commitment to on-the-job safety is consistent with our first priority for operating to provide a safe work environment for all employees. You will manage the machinery maintenance for assigned units and identify upgrades to optimize equipment reliability and reduce downtime. Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work in a team maintenance environment are key requirements of the position.
· Perform skilled mechanic duties involving, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing engines, pumps, blowers, fans, compressors and other rotating equipment within a Plant, Compression Stations and Field environment.
· Use company computers to manage maintenance records and work within a Computer Maintenance Management System for all Correctives, Preventive Maintenance and Management of Change Processes.
· Work within all safe work practices for XTO including permitting, JSA’s, LOTO, and have a high regard for personal and co-worker safety including intervention.
· High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
· Journeyman Mechanical or Millwright interprovincial certificate
· Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record
· Minimum of six years of experience as a mechanical technician in the oil and gas field
· Other specific training will be an asset including CAT 3600 A3/A4, Waukesha ESM, Ariel compressor training
· Note these are guidelines and may be adjusted at the discretion of the superintendent and maintenance foreman
Start date: June 1, 2019
Location: Located approximately 180 km northeast of Edmonton, AB. The population of Whitecourt is approximately 9000. The Kaybob field site is approximately 100 km northwest of the town of Whitecourt. This is not a camp position.
· A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial/ExxonMobil and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
· Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial/ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
· Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
· Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
· If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with XTO Energy Canada/ Imperial Oil a subsidiary of ExxonMobil.
Who we are
XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, is a leading natural gas and oil producer with expertise in developing unconventional oil and gas resources throughout North America. We are committed to ensuring gas is produced in an efficient and cost-effective manner which facilitates safety, health, environmental, and regulatory compliance and business stewardship.
· Successful candidates would be employed by Imperial Oil Limited and seconded to XTO Energy Canada.
· For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
· We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: March 25, 2019