Kearl Heavy Equipment Operator
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Site, AB
- Job Category
- Environmental, Mining, Transportation
- Job Type
Imperial is looking for a number of Heavy Equipment Operators with a range of experience for our Kearl oil sands operations on a fly in, fly out rotational schedule out of Edmonton or Calgary. Reporting to a Mine Supervisor, these positions are responsible for the operation of heavy equipment in a fully functional oil sands operation.
- Participating in all trainings required for Heavy Equipment Operators
- Developing a detailed understanding of Oil Sands mining methods
- Ability to work rotating 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial-day shift)
- Other related duties as required but not limited to: snow removal and sanding, road maintenance, ditch construction and maintenance, road sign installations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Related experience within the oil sands, mining, construction or oil & gas sector would be an asset
- Experience in the following equipment: electric shovel, hydraulic shovel, track excavator, haul trucks, water trucks, cable reeler, and grader
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record, Class 1 with air endorsement or ability to obtain one
- Adhere to all safety, health and environment policies and procedures
- Working as a supportive team member
- Taking part in all required training
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to build good, respectful working relationships
- Basic computer skills
- Emergency Response training preferred
- Levels of experience required – OP 1 (entry level) to OP 5 (multi-skilled). Initial pre-site training will be conducted at the Kearl site
Start date: Q2 2019
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2019.