- Imperial Oil
- Job Category
- Millwright/Mechanic, Mining
- Job Type
As an Instrumentation Technician at the Edmonton Terminal you will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of new pipeline and distribution terminal equipment, carrying out repairs to existing equipment, and ensure equipment is functioning to limit supply disruptions. Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect, repair, and replace terminal load rack equipment, including electronics, solenoids, meters, strainers, valves, PLC equipment, etc.
- Inspect, maintain, and replace pipeline valve site equipment
- Work with site mechanical technicians and Operators to complete corrective and preventative maintenance activities on equipment
- Develop detailed work plans outlining repair activities and strategies, and execute the plans in a safe and efficient manner
- Develop, plan, and execute preventative maintenance schedules for terminal and pipeline equipment
- Complete critical test procedures on instrumentation equipment
- Interface with Imperial’s engineering and project departments as a site contact for upcoming terminal and pipeline projects
- Troubleshoot equipment failures; recommend improvements for reliability problems and site operational improvement solutions
- Troubleshoot and execute cross-trade activities based on level of knowledge and experience
- Scope, assess, and select equipment and components for site instrumentation activities
- Work in a manner that improves and enhances teamwork, plant organization and efficiency
- Maintain equipment inspection, maintenance, and repair documentation
- Be involved in an on-call rotation schedule with other members of the terminal staff
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a must.
You will be reporting to the Edmonton Maintenance Supervisor. Working a Monday to Friday schedule, you'll have the opportunity to interact with and learn from various groups within the refinery including the operations department, other maintenance groups and experienced maintenance technicians.
- Must have Journeyman Instrument Mechanic Ticket OR two year of Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering Technology diploma
- Electrical Journeyman or dual ticket will be an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of 2 years field experience working in a gas plant, refinery, chemical plant, power plant or pipeline company
- Knowledge/experience is preferred but not necessary in PLC programming such as Modicon Proworx NXT & Modicon Unity Languages
- Knowledge/experience in Applied Automation Optichrom Advance Chromatographs
- Able to read and understand blueprints,
- knowledge/experience in loading systems such as Accuload, & Multiload
- Ability to consistently follow safe work practices, basic maintenance procedures and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture.
- Experience and knowledge in work permitting and energy isolation / lockout-tagout processes
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Able to work individually as well as in a team situation with minimal supervision
- Must maintain a valid Class '5' driver's license and safe driving record
Start date: July 2019
Location: Edmonton, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Competitive vacation package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: March 31, 2019