Kearl Maintenance Supervisor - Trucks and Support
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Maintenance Supervisor Trucks and Support will hold a key operational role within the Kearl Mine Organization and will be responsible for the effective execution of planned and unscheduled maintenance activities, routine equipment inspections and other duties required to achieve world class levels of equipment availability and performance.
- Repairing and maintenance of the 797F Ultra-Class Haul truck fleet
- Managing day to day maintenance activities including in-pit and shop support and supervision of fine and heavy trade’s employees
- Working closely with counterparts in maintenance, operations and other support groups to maximize overall operational effectiveness
- Managing of shift safety performance, process stewardship, cost and budget accountability and continuous improvement planning and execution
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is a minimum requirement
- Trade certificate, diploma, or degree in a relevant technical field such as Heavy Equipment Technician, welding or millwright
- Five or more years’ experience in a supervisory role in a large scale mining operation
- Valid class 5 driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to work independently and as part of a professional maintenance team
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safe operations and continuous improvement
Start Date: Q2, 2019
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: April 14, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.