MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
Job ID: 3047
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
A proven team manager and relationship builder with the technical expertise and facilitation skills needed to achieve results aligned with organizational needs, you are prepared to lead by example in ensuring BC Housing has the IT infrastructure in place to support business goals
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technology Services, and demonstrating your strengths as a team supervisor as much as your expertise in infrastructure management and support, you’ll lead the long-term planning, design and implementation of BC Housing’s Information Technology Infrastructure for both Cloud and On-Premise technologies.
Your broad responsibilities as Manager of Infrastructure Engineering will include infrastructure governance, leveraging automation solutions to optimize and support ongoing infrastructure to meet current and future needs of BC Housing. Equally important, you keep on top of current infrastructure technologies as well as new trends and opportunities, so that you can effectively and knowledgeably mentor Infrastructure and Service Desk support teams through extensive collaboration and regular delivery of training and knowledge transfer sessions.
As Manager of Infrastructure Engineering, you will bring to the table a track record of success encompassing supervisory experience and a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline, preferably combined with additional training in management and a project management (PMP) designation. This is also an excellent opportunity to apply the following:
- 10+ years’ Infrastructure Management and Infrastructure Support experience, including:
- Experience qualifying, researching, planning and designing Cloud and On-Premise infrastructure solutions;
- Experience leading projects involving the deployment and testing of new technologies introduced to infrastructure hardware or software environment;
- Experience with infrastructure automation configuration tools, and designing and building infrastructure automation solutions (Custom or Pre-built);
- Experience in modern programming using one or more modern languages.
- Demonstrated technical configuration, implementation and expert-level support expertise for the following technologies:
- Cloud Service Provider service offering (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud);
- Identity Management and Access Management Technologies;
- Microsoft O365;
- Network Architecture and Technologies;
- Telephony and Collaboration Technologies;
- Encryption and Security Technologies;
- Server and LAN/WAN hardware, network administration.
- Advanced technical knowledge of infrastructure technologies and awareness of new technology trends and opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the Project Management framework.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple initiatives, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, in accordance with objectives.
- Ability to provide knowledge, expertise, training and advice to IT and business unit staff regarding infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Ability to manage a team of talented technical team members and foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective conflict resolution, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers