SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
(Upto 2 Positions Available)
Job ID: 3042
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST
The Supply Chain Management department is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on public procurement and contract management with respect to the supply of goods and services for all BC Housing Branches and Regional Offices located throughout the Province of British Columbia.
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist is a subject matter expert in Supply Chain Management and is responsible for training, mentoring and leading other employees in the Supply Chain Management department along with internal clients. The position manages large, complex and strategic activities/projects/initiatives and is actively engaged in the continuous improvement process. The Senior Supply Chain Specialist will have a complex portfolio of high-value/high-risk work and will actively engage with external agencies and other ministries such as the BC Construction Association and the Ministry of Justice to establish strong working relationships and improve and streamline processes.
This position regularly reviews and suggests improvements to the Supply Chain Management "tool-kit", including templates, policy, procedure, guidelines and systems. The incumbent builds collaborative relationships with internal clients and influences decisions in team environments (which may be made up of peers and management) by communicating risks, benefits, options and recommendations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university or educational institution; and
- Supply chain education from a recognized institution such as:
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada - Certified Professional Purchaser program, Strategic Supply Chain Management Leadership Program, Institute of Supply Management - Certified Professional in Supply Management, Public Sector Procurement Program– PSPP; or
- A combination of experience and educational courses specifically focused on Supply Chain Management acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Some training in leadership an asset.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in advanced level positions in Supply Chain Management, including experience in leading complex projects, mentoring staff, consulting stakeholders, preparing reports and providing recommendations for policy and procedural change.
- Preference for experience in public sector procurement and construction.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses a strategic approach to procurement in accomplishing the organization’s business objectives while balancing and controlling risk.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, mentorship and training skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian construction, tendering and contract law(s) and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Public Procurement requirements and legislation.
- Sound knowledge of the mandate, objective, programs and organization of BC Housing.
- Advanced computer knowledge and advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Sound knowledge and advanced skill in use of Supply Chain Management ERP systems.
- Advanced relationship building skills with internal and external clients.
- Advanced ability to manage priorities.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict resolution, consensus building, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, strategic, critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of complex forms of solicitations.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers