Job ID: 3079
SHORT-TERM (APRX 15 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Human Resources within BC Housing leads the development and implementation of human resources and employee relations strategies, plans and programs to attract, engage, motivate and retain experienced, dedicated and skilled employees and, in so doing, supports the effective delivery of affordable housing across the Province. Your contribution as a Recruitment Consultant will be invaluable in making this happen.
As Recruitment is often the first point of contact for new employees, the Recruitment Team is responsible not only for attracting well-qualified candidates in a timely, professional manner, but also for promoting BC Housing and the opportunity in order to promote engagement and retention efforts.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment, you will draw on your strengths as an HR generalist, as a recruiter and as the subject matter expert in the use of the People Soft eRecruit system. Recruitment needs will vary between full-time, part-time and temporary opportunities, within both union and non-union jobs, and you will work closely within the Recruitment Team in the sourcing and selection of well-qualified candidates who share the values and vision of the organization.
You bring a solid foundation to this pivotal role: a bachelor’s degree in human resources management or another relevant discipline, a CHRP designation is an asset, and no fewer than 5 years of in-house recruitment experience within a unionized organization, preferably in the public sector. As a Recruitment Consultant, you will also have the opportunity to apply the following:
- 3+ years’ generalist experience, including working with collective agreements, payroll and benefits.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and standards of recruitment and selection.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and standards of job description preparation, job classification and compensation.
- Excellent knowledge of employment-related legislation.
- Advanced MS Office experience, with emphasis on Word, Excel and e-recruiting tools.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced team environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service focus, with a drive for exceeding expectations.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, written and spoken communication, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read reports and provide summaries and recommendations.
- Ability to comfortably interpret, explain and apply procedures and policies.
- Ability to travel periodically within BC.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers