Maintenance Supervisor - Shovels
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Engineering, Management
Reporting to the Mine Maintenance General Foreman, the Maintenance Supervisor – Shovels will hold a key operational role within the Kearl Maintenance organization and will work closely with counterparts in Maintenance, Operations and other support groups to maximize overall operational effectiveness
- Effective execution of planned and unscheduled maintenance activities, routine equipment inspections and monitoring and other duties required to achieve world class levels of equipment availability and performance
- Electric and hydraulic overburden and ore shovel fleet and will manage day to day maintenance activities and supervision of fine and heavy trade’s employees
- Effective management of shift safety performance, process stewardship, cost and budget accountability and continuous improvement planning and execution
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- 5 to 10 years of Maintenance supervisory and management experience
- Extensive heavy mine equipment maintenance knowledge and experience
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and safe operations
- Valid class 5 driver's license and safe driving record are required
Start date: Q2 2019
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: May 5, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.