Heavy Duty Mechanic/Technician Shovels
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB, CA
- Job Category
- Engineering, Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Imperial is hiring a number of Heavy Duty Mechanics/Technician Shovels for our Kearl oil sands mining operation. Reporting to a Mine Maintenance Supervisor, these positions are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of heavy equipment in a fully functional oil sands environment
- Working in a safe and efficient manner maintaining Caterpillar 7495 Hydraulic and Komatsu PC8000 Electric Shovels
- Adhering to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Taking part in all training requirements
- Recording information related to maintenance repairs and work completed
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
- Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic or Millwright eligible to work in Alberta
- 5 years Electric shovel (Caterpillar 7495 / Bucyrus 495) shovel experience preferred
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record are required
- Related experience within the Oils Sands Mining sector would be an asset
- Ability to work both independently and respectfully as a supportive team member
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to safe operations and continuous improvement
- Proficiency on computer and computerized maintenance tools usage
Start date: Q2, 2019
Location: Kearl Site, AB
- Imperial offers a very competitive benefits package including salary, health care and savings plan contributions.
- Imperial provides comprehensive training and supports employees in continuing their learning including a commitment to continuous professional development. Successful candidate will leverage their functional knowledge and skill to provide technical leadership and influence the development of the Kearl oil sands mining operation.
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton.
- Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl operations positions will typically be 11 days on and 9 days off (shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- Kearl operations will provide safe, secure and quiet accommodation near to the worksite for employees working on rotating work schedules. Facilities include a private room/washroom for each employee.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial invests in new technology to responsibly meet today’s energy challenges, reducing our environmental footprint and remaining committed to high safety standards. Our Kearl oil sands operation north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, represents the next generation of oil sands mining, and is positioned to provide exciting career opportunities well into the future. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Labour Relations Specialist
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law