The Organization: BC Housing
The British Columbia Housing Management Commission (BC Housing) is a crown agency of the provincial government responsible for providing a range of housing programs for British Columbians. BC Housing develops, manages, and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options across the province, in addition to licensing residential builders, administering owner builder authorizations, and carrying out research and education that benefits the residential construction industry, consumers, and the affordable housing sector.
To learn more, please visit BC Housing’s website.
The Opportunity: Vice President, Operations
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Operations is the senior position responsible for the development and delivery of operational plans and programs for social housing across the five regions of the province. The VP leads the provision of comprehensive property management services for directly managed housing, financial and management consulting assistance to non-profit and co-op housing providers and administration of group homes on behalf of ministries.
Responsible for leading the planning, development, and delivery of health and housing programs for those with serious or persistent illness and for aging seniors and the homeless, the incumbent also directs operations relating to the applicant registry, allocation of housing, and delivery of rent subsidy programs, and oversees the administration of housing agreements and provision of subsidies for housing built under various programs. The VP leads a comprehensive audit program to ensure that subsidies are appropriately allocated and program guidelines are met. In addition, the position provides leadership in the development and implementation of BC Housing’s safety and security programs for tenants and building infrastructure, and provides emergency preparedness services for the provincial government.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree in public administration, social or urban planning, or a related discipline;
- Significant experience in planning and managing the development and delivery of social housing programs in a public or not-for-profit environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the theories, strategies, and practices pertaining to program planning, development, and implementation across a diverse regional structure;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s mandate, programs, and policies in delivering social housing programs throughout the province;
- Knowledge and understanding of the philosophies and practices of building and managing social housing with housing partners and governments in order to foster healthy, active, and inclusive communities;
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in the integration and delivery of a diverse mix of housing, health, and social support programs, comprehensive property management services for directly managed housing, and financial and management consulting services to non-profit and co-op housing providers;
- Ability to facilitate the development of strong working relationships with governments, housing partners, community agencies, tenants and tenant associations, advisory bodies, and others in planning housing strategies and developing diverse approaches for responding to housing needs;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Leo McPeak or Laurie Sterritt
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422