The Organization: BC Housing
The British Columbia Housing Management Commission (BC Housing) is a crown agency of the provincial government responsible for providing a range of housing programs for British Columbians. BC Housing develops, manages, and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options across the province, in addition to licensing residential builders, administering owner builder authorizations, and carrying out research and education that benefits the residential construction industry, consumers, and the affordable housing sector.
To learn more, please visit BC Housing’s website.
The Opportunity: Vice President, Human Resources
Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Human Resources is responsible for leading the development of a human resources and labour relations strategy for BC Housing and leads strategic HR planning, organizational development and performance management to ensure the organization can meet its strategic objectives. The VP serves as a key member of the Executive team and as a Director of the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PRHC), and is a key advisor to the CEO, Chair and Executive in bringing an HR perspective to business plans and operations and in resolving HR issues that impact the achievement of organizational goals.
The VP directs the development and implementation of strategic HR initiatives, policies and programs relating to employee engagement, organizational performance, organizational design, job evaluation, compensation and benefits, recruitment, labour relations, training and development, and succession planning, and is also responsible for payroll and corporate health and safety. The position oversees collective bargaining, leads the administration of collective agreements and acts as the Step 3 designate in the grievance process. The VP also fosters positive working relationships with management, employees, unions, professional organizations and government to advance progressive HR and labour relations plans, programs and practices.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree with specialty in Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour, or other relevant discipline;
- Extensive experience in leading the development and implementation of corporate human resource strategies, policies, and programs within a unionized setting in the public sector
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the theories, strategies, and processes pertaining to corporate HR planning, organizational development, and performance management;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s mandate, programs, and policies in delivering social housing programs throughout the province;
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with executive and senior management, utilize sound judgment and sensitivity in presenting issues, and provide leadership/direction in determining appropriate courses of action;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Julian Manchon or Laurie Sterritt
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422