Terminal Instrumentation/Electrical & Maintenance Operator
- Burnaby, B.C.
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Seeking an experienced Maintenance and Instrumentation Operator at the Lougheed Terminal with Imperial's Canada Fuels Organization. You will be responsible for the maintenance and installation of pipeline and fuel terminal equipment/electrical/instrumentations, carry out repairs to existing equipment, and ensuring that there are no pipeline and terminal interruptions.
You can expect a dynamic and challenging role. Your main responsibilities will include completing daily site maintenance requirements, including issuing work permits and overseeing Contractor completed maintenance activities; interacting with our Contractor community; operational verification and compliance tasks; troubleshooting systems and instrumentations, miscellaneous tasks and repair activities; overseeing and supporting site project work; and maintaining an effective, reliable and efficient operation while ensuring all work is done safely according to Imperial’s policies.
As the Maintenance and Instrumentation Operator, you will be responsible for but are not limited to following:
- Perform all duties in an environmentally sound manner that meets or exceeds regulations
- Calibrate, diagnose, troubleshoot, replace and maintain site systems, measurements and instrumentations to complete corrective and preventative maintenance activities on the terminal
- Troubleshoot equipment failures; recommend improvements for reliability problems and site operational opportunities
- Inspect, repair, and replace terminal load rack equipment, including load arms, meters, strainers, and valves. Pull, repair and calibrate pneumatic and electric actuated control valves.
- Understanding of process control loops and process control system. Knowledge of PLC programming is an asset
- Develop, plan, and execute preventative maintenance schedules for terminal and pipeline equipment
- Complete critical test procedures on valve and instrumentation equipment
- Work at elevated heights and in confined areas
- Interface with Imperial’s engineering and project departments as a site contact for upcoming terminal and pipeline projects
- Troubleshoot and execute cross-trade activities based on level of knowledge and experience
- Maintain equipment inspection, maintenance, and repair documentation.
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Electrical or instrumentation certificate and/or relevant industry experience is required
- Industrial Mechanic or Millwright journeyperson certificate would be an asset
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record are required
- Prior petroleum industry experience would be considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Experience and knowledge in work permitting and energy isolation / lockout-tagout processes
- Ability to consistently follow safe work practices, basic maintenance procedures and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture
- May be required to travel to other terminal locations upon request
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- This position will require an initial training (all expenses covered) in Houston, TX and/or other locations in Canada for up to 6 weeks.
Start date: July 2019 (negotiable)
Location: Burnaby, BC
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Competitive vacation package.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Our fuels business involves managing the distribution, marketing and retailing of Esso-branded fuels to a variety of customer segments across Canada. Our lubricants business handles the manufacturing, distribution, marketing, sales and engineering support of world-class oils and greases including Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil across Canada.
No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: May 21, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.