Sr. Project Manager
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services is a trusted provider of commerce and fulfillment solutions globally, providing on-demand and enterprise solutions from 150 distribution centers in 52 countries, helping brands and retailers deliver buyer-friendly delivery experiences. We connect brands and retailers to create new sales channels, add assortment and create demand.
Project Management is a team of individuals that drive new business opportunities for existing and future clients. The Sr. Project Manager is a dynamic position that would be responsible for the coordination and success of new business opportunities . We are seeking an ambitious, bright, organized candidate with operations and supply chain experience to join our team at our Irvine corporate office.
The Sr. Project Manager 's responsibilities will include managing functional areas in meeting key initiatives such as new/current business solutions , proposals and implementations . Functions will include requirement reviews, solution recommendations, proposal writing and project plan management plus cross trained for implementation project management which includes requirements gathering , testing processes, risk management, gap deviation, documenting processes, and facility readiness reviews . The work will be accomplished through initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing business initiatives as outline in the scope , timeline and budget of the project.
Project Manage initiatives that pertain to the livelihood and advancement of the business
- Supporting Actions : Initiating, planning, executi ng , monitor & control and closing projects . Each phase of the project will include weekly progress reviews, requirements gathering for scope description, project plan completion and management, costing and pric e management plus executive communication. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for a quality proposal which includes solution understanding, solution and/ or capabilities writing, plus attention to detail to ensure the solution supports the requirements. Strong support needed to assist the facilities and key functional business groups with managing key deliverables ensuring a successful and quality project.
- End Results: Completion of a project to include the management of timeline, scope and budget with proper documentation for future reference . Goals and scope should be clearly identified in the beginning of each project in order to properly close with measurable activities completed.
Project Manage and solution design of new business opportunities.
- Supporting Actions : Work with sales , solution design and functional area experts to solution and cost business opportunities meeting client requirements. A heavy understanding of facility structure and operations in order to participate in solution with thoughtful recommendations.
- End Results: Quality solutions and proposals that represent Ingram's capabilities while meeting client requirements.
Oversight & Analytics:
Oversee complex client and warehouse projects, programs, and teams working closely with Technology and Operations' teams, and cross-functionally with other key Ingram Micro functions.
- Supporting action: Lead and coordinate project planning activities, and develop detailed plans and schedules, with a keen focus on process. Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external teams (customers, partners, etc.). Escalate issues appropriately when necessary. Identify execution risks and work to eliminate , manage or mitigate those risks. Lead regular implementation reviews with key stakeholders. Ability to contribute to the growth and maturity of our Project Management organization.
- End Results: Well managed implementation paying attention to scope, timeline and budget with the ability to manage change and profitability verification.
Enhance business procedures and systems
- Supporting Actions : Working with technical and functional resources to outline requirements and verification of deployment of new business procedure s. Actions would include testing new procedures, thoughtful recommendations of process improvements or enhancements and documentation of policies and procedures
- End Results: The end result would be a v erified and quality business and technical procedures , thorough documentat ion plus the ability to audit and process improve in a post project evaluation.
Ongoing Responsibility :
Perform a meaningful role in the long-term planning of business initiatives aimed at ensuring operational efficiency and longevity
- Supporting Actions : Collaboration and thoughtful input as to new business initiatives with inputs to potential issues or advantages. An ever expanding knowledge of the business unit and its goals in order to make thoughtful recommendations for further enhancing programs, tools and functionality.
- End Results: Short and long term plans that support the business unit ' s goals and the ability to track and prioritize while being able to multi-task in a high pace environment.
- 3-5 projects at a time
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of successful planning and managing the complete life cycle of large-scale projects, with competing resources, priorities, and multiple stakeholders.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience performing program management duties in the Software Industry. eCommerce or Logistics experience is a plus.
- Operations knowledge and experience
- PMP certification or training required.
- Ability to lead teams, drive towards collaboration and work efficiently under changing priorities, time constraints and responsibilities
- Deep experience working with Operational teams to deliver value through effective project execution
- Excellent knowledge of program management processes and software tools.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Self-starter with natural ability to work in a lean environment.
- Team player with strong situational leadership skills and credibility to interact at all levels, and build strong relationships with business leaders in order to effect change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on and results oriented with a strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility.
- up to 25% travel
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.