Supply Chain Specialist
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine vision digital cameras. Our cameras are vital components in the fast growing, transformative industries of robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, virtual reality, medical/life sciences and retail analytics.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, meticulous, and self- motivated team player, to join our manufacturing department as a Supply Chain Specialist.
The ideal candidate would have a keen attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a process oriented approach. This position requires flexibility in terms of changing and / or new duties. This is a contract position.
- Create, maintain, and update part numbers and descriptions within ERP system
- Enter, update and maintain Bills of Materials (BOMs), material item master and supplier accounts within ERP system
- Help coordinate the New Product Introduction (NPI) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) process, including coordination and follow up on action status with engineering, purchasing, planning, inventory control, production, and product management
- Review and approve environmental compliance certificates from suppliers, and support execution of environmental compliance program
- Support the execution of the Quality Assurance programs and certification, as required
- Ensure data accuracy, review reports, and highlight / correct discrepancies
- Compile data and create executive and department level KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports
- Participate in continuous improvement and process refinement initiatives and current projects
- Support KanBan improvement initiatives, including material quantities and material status updates
- Support export shipment processes and system updates in coordination with Global Trade Compliance (GTC)
- Assist with material item classification in support of sales function and product launch initiatives
- Analyze data to help drive improvements in operations, assist with financial cost analysis and reporting
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights Supply Chain and business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Recommend, implement and report on benchmarks for measuring Supply Chain performance
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Monitor and research variances, identify trends, and recommend actions to management
- This position requires flexibility in terms of changing and / or new duties.
- Bachelor’s degree(preferably in Business or Engineering); as well as SCM certification(such as SCMA, APICS, PLog) or equivalent education and experience.
- Min 2 years’ experience within an ERP system, SAP preferred
- Min 2 years’ working in a supply chain or manufacturing function
- The ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work well under pressure
- An understanding of ECR and NPI principles
- Exceptional attention to detail
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.