- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine vision digital cameras. Our cameras are vital components in the fast growing, transformative industries of robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, virtual reality, medical/life sciences and retail analytics.
We are looking to add a Hardware Technician to join our Hardware Engineering team based in Richmond BC.
- Debug electrical issues at all stages of design, development and manufacturing
- Interface with manufacturing to help reproduce, diagnose, and resolve issues on new and established products
- Participate in the selection, specification and procurement of equipment for all aspects of design, measurement, testing and validation
- Integrate and test software and hardware components for the purposes of product development, modification, or improvement
- Perform testing and modifications to validate regulatory compliance certification
- Contribute to the development of the company’s strategy, intellectual property, quality and continuous improvements
- Write and edit technical reports, proposals, and other materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience in hardware development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of full product cycle from design to manufacturing
- Experience with board-level debugging/troubleshooting techniques
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience working with test and measurement equipment
- Strong rework and hand-soldering skills
- Experience with circuit design, schematic entry, and prototype testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Focused, detail oriented, and able to work independently
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.